Below are the different ways you are able to help Sarah's Guest House.
How You Can HelpWe are a registered 501c3 non-profit organization. We do not receive state or federal funding, nor do we receive insurance reimbursement. Funds raised allow us to touch the lives of those who rely on our community’s medical care. Here are some ways you can help:
Our hospitality is only made possible through the kindness and generosity of wonderful individuals and groups that volunteer their time and energy to Sarah's Guest House.
Whether it is cleaning and tidying, cooking and visiting, spending a day prepping the house for the season, working at our annual fundraising events, or being available for transportation - the work of Sarah's Guest House is accomplished largely through our over 100 active volunteers.
We welcome all types of support, large or small, once or many times over. To learn more, call 315-475-1747 or email David@sarahsguesthouse.org and ask, we would be delighted to have you.
Click here to find the Volunteer Application.
Click here to find the Volunteer Handbook.
- Provide transportation for our guests
- Become an overnight support (8pm-8am or whatever works for your personal schedule)
- Become a mealmaker
- Assist with clerical work
- Answer the phone and give tours
- Organize a group project such as yard work, painting, etc..
- Visit with guests in the evening
- Be part of an event planning committee
- Volunteer at our Golf Tournament or Gala
We are a registered 501c3 non-profit organization. We do not receive state or federal funding, nor do we receive insurance reimbursement. Funds raised allow us to touch the lives of those who rely on our community's medical care.
Wishlist Items (updated 10/6/22)
Monetary contributions are always welcome or consider donating an item from our wishlist. We are always in need of paper products - tissue, toilet paper, plates, and towels. We also have a great need for cleaning products (prefer “green”).
We have created an AMAZON WISHLIST for donors to easily review very specific items we may need. Thank you for supporting our mission.
We are often in need of a variety of professional services and are grateful for those who can donate their time and resources. For the comfort and security of our guests, please call the house to learn more about our current needs and to arrange a drop off of items, 315-475-1747.
- Tissue boxes
- Milk and Orange Juice
- To go cups & lids for hot beverages
- Laundry detergent
- Dryer sheets
- Disinfecting wipes
- Tilex Mold and Mildew spray
- Kitchen & large trash bags
- Cases of bottled water
- White bath towels
- White washcloths
- Small travel sized bottles of shampoo and conditioner
- Paper plates
- Solo cups
- Disposable vinyl or latex gloves (size large)
- Paper towels
- Plastic storage bags (ziplock all sizes)
- Gift Certificates to Wegmans, Lowe's and Amazon
- Keurig K-Cups- Coffee- reg and decaf & tea
- Forever Postage Stamps
- Light bulbs
- Face masks
- Copy Paper (8.5" x 11")
- Toilet paper
SponsorshipTo continue the ongoing work of Sarah's Guest House, we hold several annual fundraising events that provide sponsorship opportunities each year. Please consider becoming a sponsor!
Visit our events page for upcoming details or contact the house at 315-475-1747 and ask for Renee, our Development Specialist.